All together in prevention of child/girls trafficking
With the gained support of the project “All together in prevention of child/girls trafficking” from the Council of Europe, the Roma Women and Youth Association “LULUDI” will organise a public campaign for prevention of child trafficking to raise public awareness and empower children and youth, with focus on Roma girls to recognizing and report possible child trafficking incidents and cases.
The overall objective of the project is: Raising awareness about child trafficking and its different forms of exploitation, including forced begging, forced marriage among children of various ethnic origin, Roma girls, parents, local communities’ leaders, teachers, and media.
Specific project objectives:
- To increase children’s and youth participation in preventing and combating child trafficking at local and national level in North Macedonia, particularly in disadvantaged communities and groups, e.g., Roma, girls.
- 2. To foster a local response to deal with child trafficking especially with its modern forms, such as labour exploitation, forced begging, committing crimes and cross-border trafficking of children.
Main project activities:
- Educative workshops for youth actors, high school students
- A youth-led Promotional activities
- Meetings with schools, institutions, local NGOs and other relevant stakeholders.
- Final conference – promotion of final products, sharing experience and learned lectures, recommendations.
Implementation period: 01.09.2020 – 31.05.2021
Total budget amount: 14 997 euros.
Targeted municipalities: Tetovo, Kumanovo, Prilep, Skopje – Shuto Orizari and Shtip.
The project Is funded by the European Union and the Council of Europe.